Steph Seeto is Sydney Pole's resident baking goddess and with 1 hour free time (while her baby sleeps) she asks herself...
"What can I make in a flash and not have to go out and buy ingredients like guar gum and tapioca flour only to use 1 teaspoon and have a huge bag leftover?
Vegan Salted Caramel Chocolate Brownies.
Yes you heard me right…
Just make and eat.
Feel good cause these are gluten free too."
1 1/2 cups GF AP flour (I used Orgran brand… check that whatever type you use has an emulsifier in it, like xanthem or guar gum. If it doesn’t add 2 tsp into your mix of either.)
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup dutch processed cocoa
1/4 tsp baking soda
pink of salt
1/2 cup + 2 Tbps milk of choice (I used coconut)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the topping
8 medjool dates
3tbsp oil (you can use any oil, but I recommend either avocado or macadamia)
1tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
salt flakes for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with baking paper.
3. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix milk, sugar, vanilla and oil. Let this mixture sit for a while so the sugar dissolves slightly.
4. Mix wet ingredients with dry. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25min.
5. Meanwhile make the caramel topping by adding all ingredients into a blender/food processor and blitz the shit out of it. It should have a creamy consistency, ready to spread all over that brownie baking in the oven.
6. Once the brownie is done, remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Or if you’re time poor like me, just put it on the slightly cool brownie. It doesn’t make a difference!
7. Garnish with salt flakes before serving.
Go feed your hungry vegan friends cause you know they will devour it and love you for it!
(Image taken from Pinterest X)